Tuesday, October 28, 2008

baby boy

My very favorite things to photograph are births. I had a photographer with me for the births of my babies, and those photos are such a treasure to me, that I love being able to capture that special moment for other people. And this time... I almost made it! I think I walked into the room six minutes after baby made his grand entrance. Those third babies just don't take their time!

The gorgeous baby, not long after his arrival


And one with his beautiful mommy


I love how tiny he looked in daddy's arms.


I was especially excited to photograph this birth because his brave mom had him at home, and I've never witnessed a home birth. It was, afterwards anyways, an amazingly relaxed atmosphere. And I loved the contraption the midwives used to measure this little guy. I can't tell how it reads, but this is it





Stay tuned for more photos of this beautiful boy and his family. And Rachel, congratulations again!! I have so enjoyed spending time with you and learning from you, I look forward to our many photo sessions back and forth in the future! ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh....love them!! So excited to see these, and totally brings me back to those first few hours. thank you so much for capturing this amazing time in our lives!