Tuesday, March 3, 2009

little miracle

Every now and then I get asked to photograph miracles. You always hear about the miracle of birth, and until you experience it, either personally, or by being with someone else, those are just words. I have been in quite a few labor rooms, and it never gets old. I cry every time. I am amazed by the complexity of God's creation. How he knits these perfect little people together and they enter the world so...perfect. So miraculous. I stand in awe.

So I recently had the honor of being with this mommy for most :o) of her baby's arrival. Having had a photographer with me for the births of my babies, and knowing how precious those photos are to me, I am so honored when I get to be there with others and capture this AMAZING, life changing event. I don't post most shots, as they may not be the most glamorous shots ever :o) but here are a couple (that mom okayed - and she still looked beautiful...even in labor)






And then she was here...


All bundled in her cloth diaper :o) and newborn toque


And nestled, right where she belongs, with mommy.


L, I am so, SO proud of you. You have such strength, through everything. She is beautiful, you did it! She is here. Can't wait to come do her newborn photos and give her a little snuggle! See you tomorrow!

No comments: